An experienced individual with knowledge in maintaining the beauty of plants, outdoor grounds, and trees in a garden. Also, to perform a range of general maintenance tasks including designing, producing, renewing and preserving outside spaces. Individual can work on local parks, hotels, farms, and nurseries.
- High school diploma or equivalent. (optionally a criteria)
- At least 1-2 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
- In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
- Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of health and safety rules and legislation.
- Familiarity with landscaping design.
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life.
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them.
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers.